- Solutions that simplify access to pay-TV services, support transition to IP, secure content across all screens, and provide the foundation for next generation TV services
- OpenTV Signature Edition makes its debut as a fully-featured, pre-integrated ecosystem for pay-TV operators
- Latest technologies and services in end-to-end content value protection take the fight against live and on-demand piracy to the next level, killing piracy at the source
Cheseaux, Switzerland – September 13, 2017 – At IBC 2017, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world's leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will focus on innovation and the winning strategies pay-TV operators and content owners can leverage to enable new opportunities in the ever-evolving pay-TV landscape. The showcase will feature a wide range of solutions and use cases designed to deliver a secure, engaging and efficient pay-TV experience to today’s video consumer, including next-generation products that optimize the TV viewing experience, supported by cloud-ready platforms to connect people to the content they love. NAGRA will be co-located with Conax, SmarDTV,NexGuard and Kudelski Security on Booth 1.C81.
“While it seems consumers have never had so many choices in what they watch and how they watch it, the battle for the consumer’s heart is still on,” states Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Group Marketing for NAGRA. “Changing consumer behavior, increased OTT competition and fragmentation, the transition to IP and new forms of piracy are leading operators to rethink their business models and find new ways to delight consumers, while protecting their content investment. A true transformation is underway and innovation has never been so critical to success – and is the driving theme behind our 2017 IBC showcase.”
Highlights of NAGRA’s IBC 2017 presence include:
• OpenTV Signature Edition, a pre-integrated, cost-effective and fully featured TV solution ecosystem for pay-TV designed to maximize content value and optimize deployment, operational and user experiences. Powered by the latest OpenTV technologies, it delivers a unified, simple, intuitive and seamless user experience across all screens through the brand-new Ion user experience that enables both traditional and modern paths to content for a gratifying user experience in today’s fragmented market.
• End-to-end content value protection for the entire pay-TV ecosystem that combines content protection for any network and any device with NAGRA Anti-Piracy Services and watermarking by NexGuard. A live demo will illustrate how service providers can fight IPTV and Kodi add-on piracy. Combined with NAGRA’s software and hardware CAS/DRM solutions, they help both service providers and content owners create the ultimate closed-loop approach to secure and mark content, monitor for piracy, and quickly and decisively act against it.
• NAGRA’s OpenTV Suite enables service transition to all-IP and provides the foundation for advanced services. It is built to address the need for head-end and back-end unification, allowing service providers to focus on operational efficiency, business profitability and customer satisfaction, while having the choice to deploy the platform on an on-premise virtualized infrastructure or in the cloud.
• Direct-to-TV solutions (TVkey, CONNECT for TV, Wi-Fi CAM and vdoCAST dongle) that make signing up for pay-TV services as easy as signing up for OTT while at the same time lowering subscriber acquisition costs and reaching a wider audience for pay-TV content and services by leveraging retail and online TV sales as a pay-TV sales channel. They can also support new uses cases for content owners such as early release premium video-on-demand (PVOD).
• Data-driven and actionable intelligence with NAGRA Insight to drive business-focused decision-making and improve operations. NAGRA Insight is a one-stop shop platform for pay-TV analytics that taps into a large number of data sources in order to create innovative ways to improve the business of content distribution.
• Corporate Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things by Kudelski Security, providing innovative, independent and tailored security solutions for large enterprise and public-sector clients wanting to protect their organizations against a wide variety of cyber threats, as well as advising companies on the secure development, deployment and management of Internet of Things solutions.
The work of the 2017 edition of the Pay-TV Innovation Forum provides the backdrop to NAGRA’s IBC showcase examining some of the most important challenges facing pay-TV providers and content owners, as well as perspectives on the most attractive areas of opportunity. The final report of the 2017 program is now available for download.
At the Conference
Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Group Marketing, will be a featured speaker at the 2017 IBC Conference in the following sessions: on Friday, September 15 at 12:30 p.m. in "Multichannel Broadcasters: VoD - how hard can it be?”, and on Saturday, September 16 at 12:15 p.m. in “Find Me Something Good: The Future of the TV Consumer Experience."
NAGRA, a digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide secure, open and integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Please visit dtv.nagra.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @nagrakudelski.
+41 21 732 09 40
+1 415 962 5433