Visit us at IBC 2004 Hall 1 Booth 1.241
- Content Security leader to showcase IP scrambling solutions with major technology providers Harmonic, Cisco Systems and Amino
- Nagravision to showcase secure Video-on-Demand solution over IP network to a hybrid Nagra-protected DVB/IP
Cheseaux, 11 September, 2004 -- Nagravision, the world leader of content security, conditional access and DRM solutions, further strengthens its position as top provider of advanced solutions for Internet Protocol networks by showcasing two video-over-IP demos at IBC 2004 from September 10 to 15 at the RAI Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Targeting telecom operators wishing to launch a complete Pay TV service over their IP networks, the Nagra IP solution shown at IBC is based on three key security features to protect the delivery of Pay TV content over DSL networks :
- strong user identification and authentication mechanisms control subscriber access to the DSL TV services and prevent identity thefts.
- a Digital Rights Management feature controls subscriber access to the video content by securely managing and storing keys and licenses.
- a Copy Protection feature prevents illegal re-streaming and copying of content using a robust Nagra security implementation process in the receivers based on secure hardware and secure software architectures.
- Nagravision solution for Hybrid DVB and IP networks will be demonstrated on a Novabase portal using a Technotrend hybrid STB (with DVB and IP DSL inputs) receiving broadcast DVB content from Portugal's TVCabo's satellite feed and VOD content from a local Kasenna video server. This demonstrates the synergies between a broadcast TV service (satellite, cable or terrestrial) and an on-demand video service distributed through an IP DSL network using the same Nagravision content security and protection technologies.
- Additionally, Echostar International Corporation, Nagravision and Telefónica announce that they are working together to integrate NAGRA IP solution with Telefónica I+D IP technology on an Echostar digital set-top box. Telefónica I+D is the research and innovation arm of Telefónica, one of Europe's leading telecommunications companies, with also an important presence on the Latin American market.
Nagravision solutions already secure content offered to 50 million STBs worldwide on cable, satellite, terrestrial and DSL networks. To help the fast growing broadband networks segment, Nagravision has created digital rights management solutions specifically designed to answer the needs of the IP providers. The Nagra IP technologies provide precise end-user identification and authentication as well as strong copy protection features to adapt to various business models while keeping content secure all the way through.
Nagra IP security solutions for IP services are also designed to support hybrid broadcast and telecom networks and/or receivers. The use of a single platform significantly reduces the overall capital and operational expenses for operators wishing to offer both types of services.
"Video and Broadcast TV-over-IP is of great interest to both telecom companies and Pay TV operators seeking to offer video services via broadband networks," said Pierre Roy, Nagravision COO. "As the leader of the content security market, Nagravision is committed to easy-to-install, upgradeable, robust security solutions to protect content from the head-end servers all the way to the home. We are particularly proud to work with the strongest players in the digital TV industry, from providers of video servers and streamers to set-top box manufacturers, to help operators reduce their total cost of ownership. Nagra IP provides the best security thus effectively enabling operators to protect their valuable content."
Nagravision is the world's leading independent supplier of open conditional access, advanced management tools and integrated solutions for cable, satellite, terrestrial and MMDS, FTTH and DSL operators. These advanced solutions provide digital TV and content providers with the tools to operate and manage a wide range of pay TV offerings including pay-per-view, on-demand and interactive applications on multiple digital platforms. Nagravision Aladin and MediaGuard conditional access technologies are currently being utilized by more than 100 leading operators worldwide representing 50 million subscribers.
Nagravision is a division of the Switzerland-based Kudelski Group and has offices in the United States, Singapore, China, India, Brazil, France, Germany, Spain, the UK and Switzerland. The Kudelski Group (SWX "KUD") is part of the Swiss Market Index, which includes the top 26 blue chip companies in Switzerland. Kudelski stock is also listed on the Morgan Stanley Capital International Index.
For more information, please visit www.nagra.com.
+33 6 20 46 00 14
Marketing & Communications Manager Nagravision
+41 79 778 94 12