Cheseaux, Switzerland and Phoenix, (AZ), USA – August 19, 2019 – At IBC 2019, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world's leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will demonstrate how pay-TV operators and content owners can enable true digital transformation by embracing innovation and rethinking business models. This includes securing and optimising content monetisation while improving consumer satisfaction at every step of the pay-TV value chain. NAGRA’s latest technologies and solutions will be on display on stand 1.C81 from Sept. 13-17 at the RAI Convention Centre in Amsterdam.
“The global pay-TV industry is undergoing a significant transformation, and the time for smart aggregation, monetisation and service protection is now,” said Ivan Verbesselt, SVP Marketing at NAGRA. “With the convergence of TV and video streaming, service providers find themselves at a pivotal time where they must execute on the next phase of growth. Now more than ever, success depends on the ability to anticipate the market’s rapidly changing conditions and embracing a new aggregation model that combines the best of pay-TV with the best of streaming.”
The NAGRA IBC 2019 showcase will focus on four key areas:
Scalable Service Protection: NAGRA’s holistic approach to content protection goes beyond traditional CAS and DRM technologies to ensure operators are armed to overcome the many threats levied against their services. This includes direct threats to content, as well as broader threats at the service level from the increasing adoption of IoT devices. These cloud-based solutions elegantly scale across operations of different sizes, provide online trial options and leverage adaptive security for optimal performance across a vast client device ecosystem. NAGRA solutions showcased at IBC 2019 include:
- NAGRA cloud.SSP: The advanced and modular software-as-a-service (SaaS) security services platform that comprehensively addresses all dimensions of content and service protection for the connected world.
- NAGRA Connect: A unified security client that addresses both broadband and broadcast use cases in a single client technology.
- TVkey Cloud: Designed for direct-to-TV use cases, TVkey Cloud enables operators to offer their own branded service on smart TVs without additional hardware. The IBC showcase will feature deployed references with Samsung and Panasonic.
- Conax Contego: A unified security platform that enables ready-to-deploy solutions.
- NAGRA HomeScout: An Internet of Things (IoT) solution for operators that harnesses the power of the hardware and cloud-based security to deliver on the promise of a secure connected home.
Anti-Piracy Services and Forensic Watermarking: Key components of the NAGRA Scalable Service Protection offering, these solutions enable operators, content owners and sports leagues to protect their premium live channels and VOD assets, while fighting the growing threat of illicit content sharing and commercial piracy. NAGRA Anti-Piracy Services and forensic watermarking technologies enable effective action by stopping piracy at the source, marking content delivered to devices, disrupting pirate content delivery infrastructure or blocking pirate service access by working with residential ISPs.
Engaging Consumers in the OTT Era: The latest OpenTV Suite features will highlight how operators can leverage a next-generation OVP solution to deliver an elegant super-aggregated viewing experience for a broad variety of consumer device ecosystems, including Android TV. The OpenTV Platform console gives operators the ultimate tool to drive active content monetisation and content management capabilities. Additionally:
- The combination of NAGRA cloud.SSP and OpenTV Suite allows operators to significantly fast track their Android TV journey.
- OpenTV Suite forms the ideal basis of immersive sports fan engagement for sports OTT by integrating SKIDATA digital fan engagement solutions that are proven and tested in U.S. sports arenas and can scale to large audiences with the concurrency inherent to premium live sports.
- Complementing OpenTV Suite’s modularity, Conax GO Live gives operators a turnkey end-to-end OTT multiscreen solution, enabling live TV streaming and VOD to Android and iOS devices with a guaranteed deployment time of less than 30 days.
Business Performance Redefined: NAGRA will demonstrate the breadth and power of NAGRA Insight, a data and AI-driven pay-TV business performance platform designed by pay-TV experts for the pay-TV industry. NAGRA Insight provides recommendations on business actions to help operators make better strategic decisions, drive their business more effectively and improve their bottom line, every day, at scale. NAGRA Insight predicts the individual behaviour of TV viewers such as their propensity to churn, to purchase a package or to consume specific content.
NAGRA IBC Events and Happenings:
- The 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum provides the backdrop to NAGRA’s IBC showcase. After a regional report series, a flagship global report will be released ahead of the show. The fourth edition of the programme explores key market trends and developments highlighting some of the most significant challenges facing pay-TV providers around the world with industry perspectives on key priorities going forward: OTT services and super-aggregation, sports rights and OTT, content piracy and data-driven business operations.
- “TV Heroes: On the Road to Pay-TV+”: NAGRA will host an invitation-only thought-leadership and debate session featuring European industry leaders, followed by a networking event, on Friday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. It will explore the new world of “Pay-TV+” and new aggregation models that will create the pay-TV services and hero brands of tomorrow.
- IBC Cyber Security Forum: Part of IBC 2019 Executive Forums, this event will engage audiences on three areas critical to the media and entertainment industry - how to secure production, how to secure the digital supply chain and the emerging threats that accompany IoT devices. Simon Trudelle, Senior Director Anti-Piracy Services at NAGRA, will share expert insight on the latest security developments and innovations affecting the M&E space on Thursday, Sept. 12 at 4 p.m. For more information or to register for the event, visit IBC Cyber Security Forum.
For more information, visit NAGRA's IBC 2019 minisite.
NAGRA, the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetisation of digital media. The company provides content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open and integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Please visit dtv.nagra.com for more information. Follow us on Twitter at and LinkedIn.
+41 21 732 09 40
+1 415 962 5433