There are five main reasons why operators need to be considering migrating their pay-TV services to IP as a matter of urgency:
1) To respond to consumer demand to provide smart, on-demand TV services on any screen.
2) To increase screen reach and perceived value by delivering TV services to any device, at home and on the go – including retail CE devices such as smart TVs or streaming STB – thereby reducing traditional CPE investments.
3) To broaden their market footprint and allow them to go off-net and deliver content in a true OTT SVOD and multiscreen TV Everywhere model.
4) To take advantage of elastic, efficient and scalable cloud, IP and data infrastructure, resulting in lower operating costs, innovative services, and more agile systems
5) To expand their market reach, targeting new consumer segments, by proposing more flexible OTT business models – including skinny bundles, SVOD packages, PPV – with lower customer acquisition costs.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business reap the benefits of migrating to the cloud.